MRTVI, the mysterious underground entity has reared its ugly head with another groundbreaking album that defies conventions and bends perceptions. A twisted interpretation of black metal laced with ambient textures and unpredictable experimentation turns the professed genre on its head. Like contrasting mental thoughts, the music is a cacophony of various influences clashing in a seemingly indecipherable pattern, with chaos reigning but only on the surface; underneath, it's a carefully planned web of inextricable melodies and bursts of emotions. 'Negative Atonal Dissonance' is not for everyone. It's for those willing to embrace the true extremity of the genre perceived through the lawless, nonstandard and audacious prism of this UK/Serbian band.
BAND DISCLAIMER: Negative Atonal Dissonance is not an album. It is a statement, a philosophy, an experiment; a rejection and reaction to the current trends within the mainstream and underground alike. Extreme metal has painted itself into a corner. Production values that serve no other purpose other than to sound recognisable and palatable. Arrangements, rhythms and harmonies that are more concerned with being identifiable and 'viable' than with originality. In an infinite universe, music is endless; a spectrum of emotion, of atmosphere, a vibrational connection running through and joining all frequencies; a spiritual, meditative practice, a dream and a nightmare connecting the creation with the creative force...
Official teaser link (before the songs get premiered) - youtu.be/YtQ0ymT2sKI
NO CLEAN SINGING PREMIERE -
SOUNDSCAPE MAGAZINE INTERVIEW - www.soundscapemagazine.com/interview-with-mrtvi/
WORLDWIDE PRESS -
- "Absolutely at the top of the scrap heap for black metal release of 2017" - MOSHPIT METAL (US) 5/5
- "what comes out is truly, madly, deeply demonic" - SOUNDSCAPE MAGAZINE (UK) 10/10
- "the next chapter in the outré sound" - TOILET OV HELL (US)
- "fucking magnificent" - METAL ADDICTS (US)
- "fascinating" - NO CLEAN SINGING (US)
- "an attempt to shatter the space-time continuum" - BLACK METAL DAILY
- "a unique experience" - HEAD-BANGER REVIEWS (US)
- "great" - OCCULT BLACK METAL (US) 8/10
- "Avant-garde and extremely experimental" - DISSECTING THE EUPHONY (Malaysia)